Are you ready to start your Financial Sobriety RIGHT NOW?
Introducing Financial Sobriety School's Essentials Digital Course
8 Module Course that you can start TODAY.
I am the founder of Financial Sobriety School.
What is Financial Sobriety?
Financial Sobriety is stopping the cycle of addictive spending, the shame spiral, spending hangover and start sober spending. You will create daily habits to stop accumulating debt, planning your spending, start saving for your hopes and dreams. Have confidence as you put your financial literacy to use and make sober decisions with your money.
Thriving is the essential digital course that is going to take you through the 7 Foundations of Financial Sobriety School:
- Understanding the Financial Feelings
- Financial Sobriety Tools
- Financial Inventory
- Sober Spending
- Financial Literacy
- Surviving to Thriving
- Financial Sobriety Strategy
The 7 Foundations will take you from feeling out of control with your money to feeling like you are THRIVING with your money.
Are you ready to THRIVE with your money?
I can't wait for you to start this journey!
~ Linda Parmar - Financial Sobriety Expert
Here is what you will accomplish
in the 8 module course:
Understanding your Financial Feelings
- Learning about the foundation of Financial Sobriety and how to incorporate this into your life.
- Checking in with your emotions/feelings when you start working on your money.
- Creating a grounded practice to connect with your money
- Turning your decisions from from unconscious to conscious and make clear, aligned, mindful decisions with your money.
- Understand why you are the way you are with money and identifying what you want to change to THRIVE with your money.
- Being intentional with feelings and being in touch with your body as you navigate feeling safety with money.
Financial Sobriety Tools
- Exploring the many resources available to you to help managing your Financial Sobriety.
- Find out what is the best way for you to keep track of your money with either apps, spreadsheets etc.
- Get a system of accounts that work for you to spend your money.
- Explore having money dates with yourself and organizing your money and CELEBRATING your money.
- Create a daily practice to connect with your money
- Investigating the window of resilience in supporting your financial decisions.
- Completing stress cycle of money and not hanging on to money stress
- Collecting your data on your fixed expenses/bills and have the information all in one place
- Gather information regarding your income, whether from job, self-employment, retirement income etc.
- Create worksheet that details your debt with balances, minimum payments and interest rates. This information will be used to create a debt payback plan.
- Complete a subscription inventory to ensure that you are using all the apps and services you are paying for.
- Understand your annual and periodic expenses to create a system to save money monthly for these costs.
- Have an overall understanding of your money and what you plan to do with it.
- Breaking the cycle of addictive and impulse spending.
- Learning how to make clear, aligned, intentional, mindful decisions with your money.
- Make decisions with spending money from a sober mindset.
- Planning your spending with a spending plan
- Investigating the "why" behind the buy.
- Weighing needs vs. wants when deciding on the purchase of an item.
- Setting spending boundaries to ensure that you are spending in alignment with your goals.
- Understanding and practicing the power of the pause.
- Class specifically designed to help you understand what is happening with your money and being able to understand what you are going to do with your money.
- A judgement free zone to understand terms, products, strategies with your finances.
- Understand the terminology around your money and be empowered with the education to be able to make educated decisions.
- Have the space to ask questions (any questions welcome) to be able to ensure you are understanding what is happening with your money.
Surviving to THRIVING
- Understanding coping mechanisms that help support you in your financial journey instead of sabotaging it.
- Change feeling completely out of control with your money to understanding your spending, your expenses, your income and making a plan to be able to start saving money and start a debt payback plan.
- Forgive yourself for things that you did with your money while you were trying to survive financially.
- Start to understand that you DESERVE and are capable of Financial Sobriety
Financial Sobriety Strategy
- Understanding and having a plan of exactly what you want to achieve with your money.
- Identifying short term and long term goals.
- Put together your overall plan combining your income, expenses (fixed and variable), debt payback plan, annual/periodic expenses and putting money into savings.
- Preparing yourself for when you have a financial setback and things do not go as planned.
- Identifying moments to celebrate you and your money.
Wrap up and celebrations
- Celebrate all that you have accomplished building your Financial Sobriety.
- Determine what next steps to take to ensure you follow through with your Financial Sobriety Strategy.
- Identify your biggest takeaway with your Financial Sobriety and what you are excited about moving forward.
- Ensuring you have all the information you need to feel confident in working your Financial Sobriety.
- Practice being PROUD of yourself.
My story is that I have been exactly where you are.
I hit rock bottom with my money in 2017. I almost lost everything.
I had been addictively overspending my money my whole life but when I got sober from alcohol I starting using spending as a coping mechanism for filling the void. Trying to change my feelings of unhappiness with that dopamine hit of buying something that I thought was going to make my life so much happier.
It never made me happier.
It dug me in an incredibly deep hole of shame, embarrassment and self sabotaging.
Starting money coaching was the first step that I took. After uncovering all the patterns and behaviours and understanding my addiction to spending I knew that I needed to make this my work to share with the world.
I am making my mess my message.
It has been a hard process of working my Financial Sobriety but it has been so rewarding.
I can proudly say that last year my husband and I paid off the last of our credit card debt! There was A LOT of it.
I have been working as a money coach for 5 years now and I am so excited that this year I launched Financial Sobriety School.
This course, Thriving, is the essential group course of Financial Sobriety School and I am incredibly proud of it.
You belong here. I see you. I am you. Come join me and start THRIVING.
"I knew that I needed to learn about Financial Sobriety. Having access to a digital course worked perfect for me and Linda was there when I had any questions. Linda leads you through everything you need to know to have a healthy relationship with money. I am so grateful to Linda and this course."